AppraisalsYour guitar or bass is not only an instrument, it is an investment. Over the past several decades, the value of vintage guitars have outperformed the stock market, precious metals, and other collectibles.
A written appraisal from Rivington Guitars costs just $99 and will protect your investment by establishing the current market value of your instrument, valuable information for your insurance agent, banker, and most importantly your own peace of mind.
Howie Statland, the owner of Rivington Guitars and house appraiser has been selling vintage instruments for nearly 20 years, and he is also a featured survey participant for the Vintage Guitar Price Guide.
If you would like an appraisal, bring your guitar into the store so we can examine it in person. If you are unable to do this, we can do an appraisal through email photos or photos can be mailed to us.
To submit an appraisal via mail, please send to us the following:
- Clear color front and back photo prints of the instrument.
- Serial number and any other numbers, including the area where these numbers are found.
- Descriptions of any modifications/damage/repairs not visible in the photos.
- A list of any repairs that need to be done to the instrument.
- $99 per instrument (Made out to Howie Statland Guitars, Inc.)
- Mailing address, daytime phone number, and email address (if applicable).